[libvirt] Support for passing arbitrary qemu/kvm admin console commands?

I'm looking at building a framework which makes use of KVM's pseudo-migration support for snapshot management. To my knowledge, this functionality is not presently available through libvirt.

Is it possible to send arbitrary qemu/kvm admin console commands to a VM started and controlled by libvirt, or does any requirement for funtionality not presently exposed through libvirt conflict with its use?

Thanks!