[libvirt] HTTP-API for libvirt

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 25 15:24:06 UTC 2008

New thread.

>   Honnestly I'm still lost trying to understand what you wanted to do.

I have implemented a webserver plugin that allows (by mDNS) to access
all 'VMs' on the network.

http://xen.bot.nu/virt/ <- demo

> I didn't understand the point, I just noted you wanted to put things
> in libvirtd, something about event API while to me i don't see the even side
> of the proposal.

Using mDNS, mDNS events can be used on the network to subscribe to
certain VM changes. Reboot/Shutdown/etc.

> Now suggesting to convey this as part of Java *bindings* sounds even more
> confusing, how does that relate at all ?

You proposed (new) bindings for Java. I have written new bindings using
the HTTP protocol. I wonder what should be done to get it adapted into
libvirt, or standardize the format (like any other API).

Stefan