[Libvir] Re: Support for other platforms

Ryan Scott Ryan.Scott at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 3 23:27:29 UTC 2008

John Levon wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 09:43:50PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
>> (3) Set up some automated builders to build daily versions of libvirt
>> on other platforms.  "Name and shame" by posting the results to this
>> list so hopefully people are motivated to make fixes.
>
> We're already doing this internally for Xen. In theory, it shouldn't be
> too much harder to do the same with libvirt. Ryan?

The biggest problem would be dealing with incoming patches that conflict
with our internal patches.  In particular, anything changing a Makefile
would probably cause conflicts that I'd have to manually fix.

But, I suppose that would be easier than the effort I'm putting in now,
trying to merge the storage patches...

-Ryan