[Libvir] regarding libvirt windows support...

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 11:06:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 12:03:31PM +0530, Deepa.Lingaraj at cognizant.com wrote:
> We are not able to execute make command....
>
> The errors we ae getting
>
> make[2]: *** [libvirt_la-libvirt.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/libvirt-0.4.1/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/d/libvirt-0.4.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Don't use Cygwin, use MSYS+MinGW instead.

Having said that, it is unlikely that libvirt builds at the moment
under Windows, although it could be made to work again with a little
effort.  We badly need someone, or a group of people, to take
responsibility for starting a project to keep libvirt compiling under
Windows, and to submit patches back to fix any problems.  A daily
build report for Windows (and Mac OS X) would be good too, for anyone
who knows how to do this & has the requisite hardware/servers.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v