[Libvir] persistent guests (save guest at shutdown and reload it at boot)

Hello,

I added the following entry to the libvirt bugzilla (Bugzilla Bug 437204).
Daniel Veillard ask me to post this to the list for discussion.

Description of problem:

libvirt can save and restore guests. It is also possible to autostart
guest at boot time. I miss a similar option: 'persistent'

booting the host:
* the guest is restored if there is a saved version
* else it is booted

shutdown of the host
* the guest is saved

The xendomain script does something like this. There the 'autostart' option
checks if the domain was saved. If it was this domain is restored else it
is created. At shutdown of the dom0 all running domU's are saved.

Matthias Pfafferodt