Re: [Libvir] [RFC] 4 of 4 Linux Container support - start container

DB> IMHO there's too much forking going on here. With the stateful
DB> driver we should have the daemon be the parent of the forked VM as
DB> per the QEMU driver. This will avoid the need to unsafely re-write
DB> the config files.  It will also enable errors during the domain
DB> creation process to be correctly propagated back to the caller.

In the case of being called from libvirtd, this seems correct.
However, if you're not going through the daemon, I think that the
double-fork isolation is important, no?  Being a child of something as
complex as a CIM server seems like a bad idea to me.

DB> eg, when I tested this patch 'mount' failed, but the libvirt
DB> driver still thought all we fine becasue this part of domain
DB> creation was being done in the double-fork()d child and thus no
DB> errors could be propagated back.

Perhaps the setup can be performed as part of the immediate child and
then do the second fork to achieve the isolation (if desired)?

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center