Re: [Libvir] error : could not connect to xen:///; error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 01:00:27PM +0100, Felix Krohn wrote:
> I can't find the reason for the following error:
>
> # virsh
> libvir: error : could not connect to xen:///
> error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
[...]
> Output from `strace -s 1024 -f virsh list --all` is here:
> http://krohnjob.de/files/virsh.strace
> Can't see the reason for the above mentioned error in there...

Really strange.  Is xen configured as a backend
(ie. ./configure --without-xen or something like that?)

You can also run with debugging enabled, if you configured that:

  LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1 virsh

which will print a lot more useful info.  (We should really enable
debugging support in configure by default ...)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v