[Libvir] error : could not connect to xen:///; error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Mar 26 16:36:55 UTC 2008

Quoting Guido Günther <agx at sigxcpu.org>:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 02:23:05PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> Currently (libvirt 0.4.0-6) the logic is:
> There's a 0.4.1 package in exprimental but the autobuilder didn't pick
> it up yet so it's only available on ppc:
>   http://packages.debian.org/experimental/libvirt-bin
> I'll move that one around once 0.4.0 has been built on all
> architectures:
>   http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=libvirt

You can backport the package yourself:
1) download the .tar.gz, the .diff.gz and the .dsc
2) dpkg-source -x file.dsc
3) go into the dir
4) dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

If dependency problems arise and you don't want to pollute your system
installing those packages, replace step 4 with:
4a) debuild -S -sa
4b) sudo pbuilder build ../file.dsc

But you need to have installed pbuilder and have run pbuilder create
before 4b (pbuilder is an UML environment which downloads all the
dependencies, builds the packages and stores them usually in
/var/cache/pbuilder/result )

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org