[Libvir] Can't connect to lxc driver

Dave Leskovec dlesko at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 1 00:22:22 UTC 2008

Hi Dan,

I updated today to the latest CVS and can no longer connect to the lxc driver.
I've tracked it down to this check in doRemoteOpen() in remote_internal.c:

    if ((
#ifdef HAVE_XMLURI_QUERY_RAW
         uri->query_raw =
#else
         uri->query =
#endif
         qparam_get_query (vars)) == NULL) goto failed;

Looking at the recent VirBuffer changes, it looks like they changed the behavior
of qparam_get_query.  With the old VirBuffer, qparam_get_query returned a
non-NULL result because virBufferNew allocated space.  The new VirBuffer doesn't
allocate space until something is added and hence this function returns NULL if
nothing is ever put in the buffer.  I'm not familiar enough with the intended
behavior to know what the fix should be here.

Thanks!
--
Best Regards,
Dave Leskovec