Re: [libvirt] how to pass qemu options?

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> We explicitly do not support passing arbitrary arguments to QEMU.

Supporting and implementing are two different things IMHO.

It is pretty clear that *supporting* such a configuration is impossible
and that running it on production systems is a really bad idea for the
reasons outlined.

Nevertheless being able to pass random additional arguments to $emulator
is required for any serious development work.  I *hate* to having to
create a wrapper script each time I need to pass in additional
parameters, and I'd *love* to see libvirt being a bit more developer
friendly.

libvirt & tools should make my life easier, not harder.  That includes
my development work, because using that stuff on a daily base will
improve the quality alot.  If I stop using libvirt for xenner
development because it is easier to get the job done without we all lose.

cheers,
  Gerd

--
http://kraxel.fedorapeople.org/xenner/