[libvirt] VMware ESX

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue May 20 07:14:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 02:28:10PM -0600, drew einhorn wrote:
> Hi,

  Hi,

> I have some code that can probably be hacked into a libvirt driver for
> VMware ESX.

  interesting, how did you go? I did some experimentation using SOAP and
gsoap2 a few weeks ago that i need to restart. Did you use VIX instead ?

> Is there a template with stubs for all the necessary routines for the API
> that I can use
> as a starting point?

  I would suggest to start from the test driver (libvirt/src/test.c),
the driver consists of a set of entry points (see at the bottom
static virDriver testDriver), with a few predefined headers. The
entry points at the driver level nearly match the ones from the public
API.