[libvirt] New Libvirt Implementation - OpenNebula

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 16:10:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 05:04:50PM +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Last time *your* argument was that the API would get too big. Now why
> isn't that argument valid anymore? I'm honestly asking for an
> explanation on this point, and I do expect you have it.

You are confusing internal API with external API. The external API has
scalability issues because it is a long term supported ABI. The internal
API size is irrelevant because we can & will change that at will. The
domain XML handling API is internal only for in-tree drivers. So there
has been no change in policy wrt to the external API