Re: [libvirt] New Libvirt Implementation - OpenNebula

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 05:04:50PM +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
Last time *your* argument was that the API would get too big. Now why isn't that argument valid anymore? I'm honestly asking for an explanation on this point, and I do expect you have it.

You are confusing internal API with external API. The external API has
scalability issues because it is a long term supported ABI. The internal
API size is irrelevant because we can & will change that at will. The domain XML handling API is internal only for in-tree drivers. So there
has been no change in policy wrt to the external API

Is an external tool able to use the internal XML handling (from a C perspective?) or isn't this code exported to the shared library?

Stefan

ps. Sorry if you thought I was trying to virtualize a troll.