Re: [libvirt] Weird permissions error

2008/11/10 Darryl Pierce <dpierce redhat com>

I have a startup script that runs a second script to do some work on the
system. This second script calls:

virsh -c qemu:///system --readonly nodeinfo

and then scrapes from that the amount of free memory.

When I run this from my init script, I get:

libvir: Remote error : unable to connect to
'/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock-ro': Permission denied

But if I run the second script itself directly (outside of the init
script) it works correctly.

first guess: SELinux - init scripts run in separate init_t domain, you need to add selinux role transition rule