[libvirt] [RFC] making (newly public) EventImpl interface moreconsistent

Ben Guthro bguthro at virtualiron.com
Fri Nov 14 12:36:27 UTC 2008

I'll answer for Dave, while I'm looking at this.

As far as I know, Dave is of the opinion that we are just "getting lucky" using the APIs as we are, and remains convinced that his suggested change is necessary here.

He (and I) remain worried that release of the EventImpl API without this API change could get us into trouble in the future, as we would have to support the released API that has different semantics than DBus, which we were supposed to be modeled closely to.

You had sounded convinced it was not necessary the last we heard though...and ultimatley we don't have checkin permissions...so we'll go with whatever you guys decide.

I'll let Dave follow up with any additional examples of where this would get us in trouble...