Re: [libvirt] Are there interfaces to change IP address of given domain before it runn

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:11 AM, Ian jonhson <jonhson ian gmail com> wrote:
> So, I wonder there are any solution to guarantee that
> both VM instances would be given different IP address
> after they are started.

Use DHCP, and ensure that when you create the domain configuration xml
file for the second instance that you remove the MAC address lines
before you define it in virsh so libvirt generates new MAC addresses
for the copies.

You want libvirt to be abstract from the guest, so it's not going to
be meddling around in your guest's filesystem to configure anything.

Bryan