[libvirt] libvirt-qpid

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 21:55:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:36:24 +0100
"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 11:10:41AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:55:36AM -0700, Ian Main wrote:
> > > - Make it less chatty, but log stuff
> >
> > Configurable use of syslog() would be a good idea. For sake of consistency
> > I'd recommend looking at the libvirtd daemon, and its command line arg
> > handling - see  qemud/qemud.c file and the main() method in it.  Pretty
> > much all the libvirtd  argv would make sense for libvirt-qpid agent.
>
> Likewise, you'll probably want a configuration file for stuff like
> the IP address rather than passing everything on the command line.
> A file in /etc/libvirt/libvirt-qpid.conf would be a good location,
> preferrably following the same syntax & config arg naming as the
> existing libvirtd.conf there. It'd be fairly easy to take our
>  'virConf' stuff in src/conf.c and use it in your daemon - just
> c++-ify it as desired.

Well I'm glad you generally approve :).

I've done a number of things since this announcement:

- added getopt_long option parsing.
- to solve the config issue I used /etc/sysconfig/libvirt-qpid environment
  variable to pass in broker host and port.  Maybe a config file would be
  better I'm not sure.
- daemonization/init script.

So it basically works on an ovirt node now.  I'm just getting some bugs fixed
and it should "work".  Still some things to do like reconnect, libvirt
error codes etc. but it's coming.

I'll let you know how chatty it gets when there's lots of nodes. :)

	Ian