Re: [libvirt] PATCH: Disable QEMU drive caching

Chris Wright wrote:
* Anthony Liguori (anthony codemonkey ws) wrote:
Mark McLoughlin wrote:
This is the bit I really don't buy - we're equating qemu caching to IDE
write-back caching and saying the risk of corruption is the same in both
cases.
Yes.

I'm with Mark here.

I've been persuaded. Relying on the host's integrity for guest data integrity is not a good idea by default. I don't think we should use cache=off to address this though. I've sent a patch and started a thread on qemu-devel. Let's continue the conversation there.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori