Re: [libvirt] Question about migration on KVM/Qemu

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about migration on KVM/Qemu.
>>From src/qemu_driver.c, domainMigrateXxxxx is not defined.
>
> But from news on 0.3.2, KVM migration is supported.
> http://libvirt.org/news.html
>
> Where is the code which performs migration on KVM/Qemu.

Hm, that's a little odd.  As far as I know, KVM migration isn't supported yet.

There are some patches from Rich Jones (that he's posted a few times), but there
is a bug in upstream KVM that prevents them from working properly.
Unfortunately, upstream KVM/Qemu have decided to re-do their implementation of
migration, so we can't commit to Rich Jones' patches until that gets sorted
upstream.

Chris Lalancette