[libvirt] cpu flags

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 13:14:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 08:44:09AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:
> Would it be possible to hack around this? For example you could use
> a unused bit of the old structure to set a flag for 'new-type-of-struct'.
> The old libvirt would ignore it, the new one would look for it.

That doesn't help for virNodeGetInfo because the caller passes an
uninitialized struct that could contain anything.

I don't think there's anything that can help for this old interface.
We'll never be able to change the size or contents of that structure.
In any case it doesn't matter because the solution is to return the
flags in the capabilities XML.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/