[libvirt] Release of libvirt-0.4.6

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 26 21:49:44 UTC 2008

----- "Daniel Veillard" <veillard at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 09:17:43AM -0700, Dale Bewley wrote:
> > I see that 0.4.5 for F9 just made it through bodhi, but there is no
> F8 build in bodhi.
> >  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-7768
> >
> > Please release a 0.4.6 F8 update for the benefit of us using F8
> dom0. I'm stuck on non-HVM hardware for the foreseeable future, so KVM
> isn't an option for me. And F9 isn't an option for me since there is
> no dom0 support.
>
>   Well it wasn't clear that the new release would really fixes things
> for the Xen users (which is as we all expect the community still
> using Fedora 8), is there anything in particular you were looking for
> in this specific release ? It was looking more risky than potentially
> useful to update there.
>
> Daniel

I'm on the last F8 update (0.4.4) and my problem[1] I would love to see fixed is the desynchronization that occurs between libvirtd and xend if I shutdown a guest. Until xend is restarted, libvirt utils can't find the domU.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2008-June/msg00059.html

There were a lot of fixes listed[2] for 0.4.5. I don't know if they fix this problem, but some of them sound like they would come close in the code.

[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-September/msg00186.html

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3