[libvirt] test driver for interface config

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Tue Apr 7 15:41:39 UTC 2009

On 04/07/2009 11:16 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> As an example of how the driver will likely be used, think of supporting
> the interface APIs in virt-manager. As a developer, it would be nice to
> use the test driver to ensure that all the UI updating as interfaces go
> up and down, appear and disappear, etc. is in working order, and that
> the XML we are building at least isn't completely bogus. Mopping up
> those simple issues with the test driver will ideally make the live
> functional testing less painful, and help isolate bugs in the app vs.
> bugs in the library.

Thanks, I hadn't considered that end of testing. It definitely sounds
useful. I guess I need to make something more general purpose.

A netcf test mode might help, but it may not be useful enough - for
example it wouldn't work if the test client was one that didn't support
netcf - when connecting to a test driver, it's always on the local
machine, correct?