[libvirt] Re: Libvirt PHP binding

Radek Hladik radek at eadresa.cz
Wed Apr 15 12:10:20 UTC 2009

Daniel Veillard napsal(a):
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 07:14:32PM +0200, Radek Hladik wrote:
>> Daniel P. Berrange napsal(a):
>> I've updated the documentation - added note that version 0.6.2 is
>> required :-) - and modified the code to refuse to connect when version
>> is lower that 0.6.2. I've put the modified version to
>
>   I would avoid this. Don't put a hard limitiation like this in the
>   software, the only hard requirement should be feature based, it's
>   perfectly possible to ship 0.6.0 with a set of patches fixing the
>   bugs you experienced.
>
> Daniel

I will change it to warning then and I will put a lot of warnings on the
page and into the documentation. I do not like such hard limitations too
but if the situation is that I am able to crash the daemon very easily,
(almost with default example code), I want to be careful. I do not want
to end up with users downloading the code, running a few examples and
crashing their daemon just because they didn't read the docs :-)

Radek