Re: [libvirt] Re: Libvirt PHP binding

Daniel Veillard napsal(a):
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 07:14:32PM +0200, Radek Hladik wrote:
Daniel P. Berrange napsal(a):
I've updated the documentation - added note that version 0.6.2 is required :-) - and modified the code to refuse to connect when version is lower that 0.6.2. I've put the modified version to

  I would avoid this. Don't put a hard limitiation like this in the
  software, the only hard requirement should be feature based, it's
  perfectly possible to ship 0.6.0 with a set of patches fixing the
  bugs you experienced.

Daniel

I will change it to warning then and I will put a lot of warnings on the page and into the documentation. I do not like such hard limitations too but if the situation is that I am able to crash the daemon very easily, (almost with default example code), I want to be careful. I do not want to end up with users downloading the code, running a few examples and crashing their daemon just because they didn't read the docs :-)

Radek