[libvirt] Release of libvirt-0.6.2

Gerrit Slomma roadrunner_gs at web.de
Fri Apr 17 20:19:41 UTC 2009

Daniel Veillard schrieb:
>  Oops I notice I didn't replied to this.

No problemo.
> On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 10:13:48PM +0200, Gerrit Slomma wrote:
>
>> "make rpm" or "rpmbuild --rebuild libvirt-0.6.2-1.fc9.src.rpm" is broken.
>>

>   Strange I actually use "make rpm" to make the releases.
>
>> With good reason he (rpmbuild) complains about not finding libvirt_proxy.
>> In proxy/Makefile a lot of is commented out - is this due to the
>> libvirt_proxy buffer overflow?
>> There is no libvirt_proxy in the libvirt-0.6.2-1.fc9.x86_64.rpm package:
>> rr016# rpm -pq --list
>> /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/libvirt-0.6.2-1.fc9.x86_64.rpm|grep proxy
>> Warnung: /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/libvirt-0.6.2-1.fc9.x86_64.rpm:
>> Header V3 DSA-Signatur: NOKEY, key ID de95bc1f
>>

>   Right it should be desactivated for fedora >= 8 as we use remote
> access controlled by policykit there:
>
> %if 0%{?fedora} >= 8
> %define with_polkit    0%{!?_without_polkit:1}
> %define with_xen_proxy 0
> %endif
>

>> Therefore i think the libvirt.spec must be patched to not include
>> libvirt_proxy by default as follows:
>>

>   I would rather try to understand why you have the problem, it does
> rebuild here as far as I can tell. I have a xen package installed but
> the above rule should prevent the proxy from building.
>
>   I guess there is a different problem, I wonder why on Fedora9 you
> would have the above ignored.
>
> Daniel
I should have been more specific: I use RHEL5.
My workaround was to disable the libvirt_proxy-stuff and rebuilt the
PolicyKit/ConsoleKit for RHEL5.
With the patch issued by you here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-April/msg00269.html
"make rpm" works flawless and no need anymore for the PolicyKit or
ConsoleKit anymore.
I must have missed to answer to that other post with the RHEL5-patch.