Re: [libvirt] KVM migration with uri = NULL

Zvi Dubitzky wrote:
> What is the meaning of using virDomainMigrate () with NULL uri.
> Looking at the code of  qemudDomainMigratePrepare2 ()/ qemu_driver.c,   I
> understand that it tries to perform a migration  to another
> VM on the same node  . Is that correct ?

No, that's not right.  The URI parameter is generally not needed when you are
doing a live migrate; it's basically there to specify an "alternate" way to
reach the remote qemu process, but I've haven't come across a case where it is
useful yet.  That is, you *should* set URI to NULL, and let libvirt handle the
details.

--
Chris Lalancette