[libvirt] Is it possible to use more then 2 CPUs in the guest?

Gerrit Slomma roadrunner_gs at web.de
Wed Aug 5 22:31:36 UTC 2009

Mirko Raasch schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> in my server i use an Intel Quad Core CPU and i want to use in one
> WindowsXP guest all 4 cores.
> The device manager shows four CPU (Qemu Virtual CPU version 0.10.5).
> When i start prime95 or superpi, only 2 of them are in use. CPU-Z
> shows also 2 Cores, instead of 4 like the device manager.
>
> How can i use all four cores in the guest?
>
> Greetings
>

> --

I will try a few installs on my Q9550 with:

Win XP SP2
Win Vista
Win 2k8 HPC

All with 4 CPUs enabled and post the results.
But i have the assumption that the qemu-cpus are recognized as physical
sockets by windows xp hence only two are available.
Will post back when i have results - or either of the Daniels would have
an answer - but i think it is more a linux-kvm or qemu thing.

Gerrit