[libvirt] Synchronous commands block virsh?

I'm currently playing with libvirt on Ubuntu 9.10:

Compiled against library: libvir 0.7.0
Using library: libvir 0.7.0
Using API: QEMU 0.7.0
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.11.0

I've noticed that if I open virsh on a host and set a live migration
going, then virsh doesn't return until the migration is complete.
However, if I open a second virsh command, it too blocks on commands
(e.g list), meaning that I can't perform any other operations against
other domains until the initial migration is complete.

Is this deliberate or accidental?  Is there any way round this?

Thanks,

Matthew

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.