Re: [libvirt] define tap-only networking

richard lucassen wrote:
Hello list,

I'm pretty new to libvirt and I'd like to try to set up simple
networking as described here:

http://www.xaq.nl/kvm-tap-howto.txt

Is it possible to set up networking through simple tap devices using the
xml format? And if yes, can someone give me a hint how to set this up?

I'd argue that that's considerably less "simple" than letting libvirt do the work for you -- but see http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsNICSEthernet to have libvirt avoid doing anything more complex than setting up a tap device and then running a script of your choosing to do the remaining work.