Re: [libvirt] networking static ip address

Francisco José Martín wrote:
Then, I suppose there's no way to assign the IP on boot without DHCP, there is?

Plenty of ways, but they aren't things libvirt (or physical hardware) has control over. Two approaches I use (in situations which call from them respectively):

Build the VM image from a kickstart file with the static IP substituted in.

Boot (using -kernel, -initrd and -append) into a custom initrd which rewrites /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* (and friends) for the desired configuration within a given guest.

I suppose you could also use an expect script to log into a booted guest at its console (via a serial console redirected to a VT or socket or such -- libvirt has plenty of options in this respect) and modify its network configuration that way.