[libvirt] libvirt tls vnc

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Fri Feb 27 15:19:35 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> You can see more about what i'm experimenting with here
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-02/msg01426.html

Hello Daniel, Hello Radek,

thanks so much for your great help - you've teached me a lot and you
have given me a good orientation.
What I will follow now is this way: specify allowed port-forwards (ssh
tunnels) in the authorized_keys file on the server, as proposed by
Radek. Allowed port forwards should be secure enough. Moreover I will go
back to non-encrypted vnc which will be listening on 127.0.0.1.
"Non-encrypted" because it will work with standard clients
(realvnc+putty). Building up a tunnel is not that difficult, it even can
be clicked and written together on one msdos .bat file for the
convenience of the (end) user.

Anyways, I will follow the development of libvirt and the surrounding
products, it seems thrilling to me! :-)
Kind regards & thanks again
Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de