[libvirt] Problem installing KVM Guest from command line

aliahsan naqvi aliahsan81 at msn.com
Sat Feb 28 16:55:31 UTC 2009

Hi All

>From past many days i am trying  to install KVM Guest Machine  from command line via virt-install.Below is many command i have testing this on Fedora 9 and fedora 10 but not able to do it.

 virt-install -n testing -r 256 -w bridge:virbr0 --location /mnt/Fedora-10-i386-DVD.iso --accelerate --os-type=linux --hvm --nographics -f /var/imgVM1 --force -x "console=ttyS0"

I am installing from HTTP server.After give Network information.Following error comes.i have also tried with NFS and ftp but same result.It seem guest machine not able to get ip address.Because  when i ping the ip address of the guest which is provided in Networking setting during guest installation.It was not pingable.And this http server is working fine.i can browse all the install directory with no problem and i have install other machine with the http install directory.

 I am getting following error after TCP/IP Manual/ DHCP Configuration
Network Settings

                       +-----------+ Error +------------+
                       |                                |
                       | Unable to retrieve             |
                       | http://192.168.1.8/fedora      |
                       | /linux/releases/10/Fedora/i38  |
                       | 6/os//images/install.img.      |

Please Advise.Please let me if i am doing some thing wrong or this a bug.