[libvirt] patch for pci passthrough

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 13:00:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 03:02:11AM +0100, Jason Krieg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This patch adds support for the -pcidevice host=bus:dev.func
> added in kvm-79
>
> I used the structure as already defined in src/domain_conf.h
>
> so analog to usb one now can add pci devices
>
> as example:
>
> lspci:  06:02.0 Network controller: Eicon Networks Corporation Diva
> Server 2FX (rev 01)
>

> <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci'>
>    <source>
>        <address bus="0x06" slot="0x02" function="0x0"/>
>    </source>
> </hostdev>
>

> values are hex so for bus: 0 to ff, slot: 0 to 1f and function: 0 to 7
>
> Hope this patch is useful it applies to libvirt-0.5.1 and cvs checkout
> from today (with some hunks)

  Okay, applied to CVS along with some reformatting and various fixes.
We also need to update the documentation, I'm doing this separately,
basically the section elementsUSB of docs/formatdomain.html.in need to
be augmented with the new example syntax. I guess one test should be
added to the regression too for good measure,