[libvirt] RE: Libvirt - Xen Enterprise - Koan

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Thu Jan 8 12:53:51 UTC 2009

Hi

Here is a response we received from Citrix:

Please see below the reply I had from one of the XenServer Systems
Engineers:

Back in November we released a number SDKs to interface with our
existing and feature rich XAPI.  We have a number of customers and
partners using this API for the management of their virtual
infrastructures.

Forgive my ignorance but I have never heard of the libvirt library which
is not even part of the VMAN DMTF which is meant to be an industry
standard. http://www.dmtf.org/standards/mgmt/vman/. Is libvirt a more of
a Redhat focused initiative and is the customer asking this question
focused on Linux and Windows or just Linux?

The completion of the XenServer 5.0 SDK Refresh project, culminating in
a release-to-web of

   * A completely new PowerShell snap-in for XenServer (XS-PS).  This is
a one-to-one exposure of the existing XenServer API as PowerShell
cmdlets, exposing the complete XenServer API to PowerShell users for the
first time.

   * libxenserver: The XenServer C SDK

   * XenServer.NET: The XenServer C#.NET SDK

   * XenServerJava: The XenServer Java SDK

   * XenAPI.py: The XenServer Python module

   * Tidied-up versions of the XenServer API Javadoc and PDF.

All this can be downloaded from CDN at

http://community.citrix.com/display/xs/Download+SDKs

 I will drop a line to one of our engineers that leads the development
of the SDK tools for the XenServer API and see what comes back.

Please encourage your customer to check out the enclosed link to the
XenServer SDKs and provide some feedback.

Please let me know if this helps in any way.

Regards,