Re: [libvirt] PATCH: 17/25: Concurrent client dispatch in libvirtd

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:15:42PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> When we are generating the reply message though, we don't know how
> big it'll be until we've made the XDR calls to serialize the struct
> into the XDR. So we'd need to have the full sized buffer for filling
> out the reply.

Fair enough.

PortableXDR has been taking liberties with the 'traditional'
xdr*_create backends, and one that I mean to implement is a variant of
xdrmem which dynamically allocates the buffer.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/