Re: [libvirt] vTPM support in libvirt

I'm still experimenting around with the vTPM patch, and I want to install my version of libvirt on a Debian system - not in my $HOME directory but on the default paths. I followed the autogen command below and also did "make install", but now virsh for example searches for the certificates in /usr/local/etc/pki instead of the standard path /etc/pki. How do I need to configure the project to correct that and install libvirt from source like it would be installed by a package manager?

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
If you're just doing dev changes, it is best not to install it into
your main system. Instead just build and run directly from the source
tree.
eg, what I normally do is

./autogen.sh --enable-compile-warnings=error --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc make

And *not*  make install.