Re: [libvirt] F11 and KVM Migrations

On 07/08/2009 02:02 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 01:21:53PM -0700, Scott Baker wrote:
I have two host machines on the same subnet, and I have
/var/lib/libvirt/images shared between the two via NFS. I'm trying to do
a "migration" from one host to another and I'm getting an error.

virsh # migrate --live Narwhal qemu+ssh://10.1.1.1/system
error: operation failed: failed to start listening VM

That's from the host running the VM to the new host. I'm assuming you
have to do a "push" migrate, not a "pull"? Where can I look next to
figure out why it didn't work?

   Hum that sounds familiar, what versions of libvirt are you running on
both nodes, look at /var/log/libvirt/qemu/Narwhal.log on the target for
informations. I suggest to make sure that you get up2date and similar
versions on both sides to avoid extra troubles.

Host 1: libvirt-0.6.2-12.fc11.x86_64
Host 2: libvirt-0.6.2-12.fc11.i586

Both machine are 64 bit, Host 2 is just running i386 code. Will that be a problem?

If I check Narwhal.log there is nothing in there at the time of the migration error. Nothing in messages either. As far as I can tell it just fails silently.

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
System Administrator - RHCE - 503.266.8253