Re: [libvirt] libvirt and physical hardware devices

Arjun Roy wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am interested in finding out what kinds of physical hardware data can
> be pulled out of libvirt at present.
> In particular, I'm interested in sourcing:
>
> 1.  All the processor information that would be revealed from /proc/cpuinfo
> -cpu #
> -core #
> -# cores total
> -model
> -family
> -cpuid_lvl
> -speed
> -cache
> -vendor
> -flags

Some of this info is presented. See the output of 'virsh nodeinfo' and the
<host> section in 'virsh capabilities'.

Some of the missing pieces here like cpu flags need to be exposed though (for
application migration checks, etc.) The place to put it at this point is
likely in capabilities.

> 2. The following network device paramters:
>
> -interface name
> -mac address
> -current ip address
> -current netmask
> -current broadcast
> -current link bandwidth
>
> This post
> (https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-June/msg00236.html)
> seemed promising at least wrt. network stuff, and I was wondering if it
> ever went anywhere.

All this is slated to be integrated into libvirt by the end of the month AFAIK.

- Cole