Re: [libvirt] libvirt and physical hardware devices

On 07/08/2009 05:01 PM, Arjun Roy wrote:
Greetings.

I am interested in finding out what kinds of physical hardware data can be pulled out of libvirt at present.
In particular, I'm interested in sourcing:

1. All the processor information that would be revealed from /proc/cpuinfo
-cpu #
-core #
-# cores total
-model
-family
-cpuid_lvl
-speed
-cache
-vendor
-flags

2. The following network device paramters:

-interface name
-mac address
-current ip address
-current netmask
-current broadcast
-current link bandwidth

This post (https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2009-June/msg00236.html) seemed promising at least wrt. network stuff, and I was wondering if it ever went anywhere.

So my overall questions:
1. Is this data (specifically, all of it) tracked and exposed by libvirt at present?

For networking, the first two items will be available in the next release of libvirt.

The last 4 are not. Yet.

2. If not, are there any plans to do so?

Yes, the discussion you point to petered out due to everybody being pre-occupied (it may have continued longer on the netcf mailing list), but it's definitely intended to go in. If I recall correctly, the plan is to add that functionality to netcf, then publish it via libvirt's RPC. lutter - am I remembering correctly?