Re: [libvirt] VMware support and libcurl on rhel-u1

On 27/07/09 09:19, Matthias Bolte wrote:
2009/7/27 Tom Hughes<tom compton nu>:

Patching libvirt to allow the 4.0 API version allows me to connect and list
guests, but trying to dumpxml a guest definition fails:

virsh # dumpxml alvis
error: memory conf:1: expecting a name

What's the content of line number 1 of the alvis.vmx file?

The first two lines are:

.encoding = "UTF-8"
config.version = "8"

Looking at an ESX3i one I see the .encoding line is not there so I guess that is the problem.

Then again dumpxml fails for me with ESX3i as well, though with a different
error:

virsh # dumpxml bsa
error: internal error Missing essential config entry 'scsi0.virtualDev'

Oh, that's a bug in the VMX parsing code, I'll fix that. The VMX
parsing hasn't get much testing with in-the-wild VMX files yet. It
would be useful if you could send my some of your VMX files to build
up a pool as input for automatic testing and to make the VMX parser
more robust.

You could apply this quick fix for testing:

That works, yes.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom compton nu)