Re: [libvirt] VMware support and libcurl on rhel-u1

2009/7/27 Shahar Klein <shaharklein yahoo com>:
> How do you connect to the esxi?
> Should I open an ssh in my ESXi server?
>
> [root rain8 libvirt]# virsh -c esx+ssh://rain3/system
> error: cannot recv data: Connection reset by peer
> error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

The ESX driver works with an out-of-the-box installation of ESX/ESXi, just use:

virsh -c esx://rain3

The ESX driver doesn't use libvirtd or any remote transport mechanisms
of libvirt, it uses the remote VI API, that is based on https. So
you'll have to setup the certificates for https correctly, or
configure the driver to use http instead (virsh -c
esx://rain3?transport=http), if you have your ESXi configured to allow
http connections.

Regards,
  Matthias