Re: [libvirt] VMware ESX: Allow leading dots in VMX config entry names

2009/7/27 Tom Hughes <tom compton nu>:
> On 27/07/09 12:25, Matthias Bolte wrote:
>
>> '.encoding = "UTF-8"' is a valid VMX config entry, so the
>> virConfParser must accept it in VMX mode. This patch lets the parser
>> accept those names with leading dots.
>
> With that patch ESX4i gets a bit further but barfs on a version check:
>
> error: internal error Expecting VMX entry 'virtualHW.version' to be "4" but
> found "7"
>
> Tom

It seems that I should setup an ESXi 4 just in case there are more
differences between version 3.5 and 4.0.

See the other patch regarding VI API 4.0, that one should fix the
virtualHW.version problem and make the version checking more robust.

Regards,
  Matthias