Re: [libvirt] RFC: libvirt java bindings based on JNA

Thomas Treutner wrote:
On Thursday 30 July 2009 13:57:44 Thomas Treutner wrote:
On Thursday 30 July 2009 03:30:20 Bryan Kearney wrote:
Can you try the new release? It is cleaned up.. and should be easier to
consume. Let me know if there are issues.
Thanks, works fine so far (liblibvirt.so issue is gone).

Sorry for the mixup, but I wasn't using the new version, Eclipse was accidentially configured for JNI version. It still doesn't work, so I looked in the code and did a quick experiment:

src/main/java/org/libvirt/jna/Libvirt.java:23:
-Libvirt INSTANCE = (Libvirt) Native.loadLibrary("libvirt", Libvirt.class);
+Libvirt INSTANCE = (Libvirt) Native.loadLibrary("virt", Libvirt.class);

and it works (without any symlinks hacks, of course). I don't have any experience with JNA, but I assume that somewhere a "lib" is being prepended and therefore "libvirt" is over-specified. What I still don't understand is my it is presumably working for you, and not for me:

JNA 3.2.1

$ java -version java version "1.6.0_14"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)
$ javac -version javac 1.6.0_14

btw, I don't see a JNA-branch in git://libvirt.org/libvirt-java.git anymore - is JNI-version now obsolete?

kr,
thomas
Let me ask the JNA guys. I am on 3.0.9 of JNA.. prehaps something changed.

-- bk