Re: [libvirt] virDomainDefineXML forbidden for read only access

Kenneth Nagin wrote:
I am running an application that invokes the java method
virDomainDefineXML.  But  virDomainDefineXML is throwing  the exception
"forbidden for read only access".   I'm running as root.  I can
successfully define domain xml and create VMs with virsh.

Any suggestion of what I am do wrong?

First question -- how are you connecting? The second argument to org.libvirt.Connect.Connect(String, boolean) is the read-only flag; I'm guessing you're passing true?