Re: [libvirt] [Fwd: first cut public API for physical host interface configuration]

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 12:40 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Well you'll need to be able to query  live interfaces anyway, because
> you'll need to be able to report IPv4 addresses assigned by DHCP and
> report IPv6 addresses that auto-configure themselves.

What's the use case behind that ? I would argue that any infrastructure
that requires libvirt to get addresses of interfaces is fundamentally
broken - I can see the case for getting the MAC address of interfaces on
a host, but the MAC/IP address mapping really needs to be managed
centrally.

David