[libvirt] [PATH 0/5] CORRECTED - Interface Config Public APIs and remote stubs, with MAC addresses in string format

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed May 20 14:35:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:51:22PM -0400, Laine Stump wrote:

> MY APOLOGIES! Yesterday I accidentally sent the old patchset rather
> than the corrected set. This time it's right.
>
> These patches are based on those I sent last week (the public
> virInterface*() API definition, the local plumbing, and the RPC glue),
> but with suggestions incorporated:
>
> 1) MAC address is always used in null-terminated ASCII string
>    format. This eliminates any potential problems with extra long
>    addresses.
>
> 2) no comments in libvirt.h
>
> 3) flags arguments are all unsigned.

  Okay, commited !
I just had to tweak a couple of things, about the symbol exports, the
public one didn't apply directly, and the private one needed at least
virGetInterface to be added, then I also had to comment out the
interface driver startup in do_open, because it raised an escalation
of privilege (though polkit) breaking make tests. And until we have a
real driver here, I think it's fine to comment it out. But those 2 items
are in.
 Now can you double check src/libvirt_private.syms in case more are
missing ?
 Also we need XML parsers and exporters for the interface structures,
I assume you will use the current netcf ones, right ?

  http://git.fedoraproject.org/git/?p=netcf.git;a=blob_plain;f=data/xml/interface.rng;hb=HEAD

  I will look into this,

  Thanks !