[libvirt] cannot get virt-manager to see VM

I used qemu-img to create a raw image. I then create an xml file with no uuid but a new name and new mac address. Then I did a 'virsh define NEW.img'. When I do a 'virsh list --all' the new VM is there but shut_off. But this new machine does not appear in virt-manager. What do I need to do to get the new machine to appear in the list of machines in virt-manager? I want to start this machine using virt-manager. This is on F11 with libvirt 0.6.2.

-Gerry