Re: [libvirt] Remote access and libvirtd

Anno domini 2009 Dave Bryson scripsit:

Hi!

> I need to be able to access libvirt remotely.  Reading through the
> documention is says "libvirtd should be running on the remote machine"
> for clarification does this mean that libvirtd needs to run *on* the
> remote hypervisor?

In case of hypervisors which do not (fully) support remote management, yes.

This is the case for Xen for example. I guess things like qemu, KVM,
VBox and the like are similar.

ESX for example can be managed completely over the network via a SOAP
API so there is no need for a libvirtd on the hypervisor side.

HTH
Ciao
Max
--
If it doesn't work, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.