[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [libvirt] make install fails, missing HTML files



On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 03:03:49PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 04:01:39PM +0100, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> > 2009/11/12 Thomas Treutner <thomas scripty at>:
> > > On Thursday 12 November 2009 13:47:32 Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > >> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:34:13AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > >> > You are missing the XHTML DTDs on your system. On Fedora/RHEL this is
> > >> > in the RPM called  xhtml1-dtds-1.0-20020801.4.noarch
> > >>
> > >>   Note that it should not be a hard requirement, you should just get
> > >> the errors about the missing DTDs making validation impossible but
> > >> the HTML files are generated.
> > >
> > > Installed w3c-dtd-xhtml (debian lenny), doesn't help, because:
> > >
> > > xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";
> > >  No entry for SYSTEM http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> > >  No entry for URI http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> > >
> > > xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
> > >  file:///usr/share/xml/xhtml/schema/dtd/1.0/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> > >
> > > I'm not much into XML - is the Debian package faulty or shouldn't one rely on
> > > the way the docs/Makefile works?
> > >
> > >
> > > kr,t
> > >
> > 
> > I came across this problem some time ago, too. I'm using Ubuntu, so
> > it's basically Debian.
> > 
> > I somewhat solved it by hacking my /etc/xml/catalog. I added this into
> > the <catalog> element:
> > 
> > <rewriteSystem
> >   systemIdStartString="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/";
> >   rewritePrefix="file:///usr/share/xml/xhtml/schema/dtd/1.0/"/>
> > 
> > <rewriteURI
> >   uriStartString="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/";
> >   rewritePrefix="file:///usr/share/xml/xhtml/schema/dtd/1.0/"/>
> 
> 
> Hmm, well on Fedora/RHEL this works just fine too:
> 
>   xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
> 
> so why don't we just change the Makefile to use that instead
> of the URI, then it should work everywhere

  Well it's slightly broen because in the XML only the URI (system id)
is mandatory. if the Debian systems could be fixed that would be nicer,
but I'm fine with changing the Makefile too.

Daniel

-- 
Daniel Veillard      | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
daniel veillard com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ | virtualization library  http://libvirt.org/


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]