[libvirt] ESXi: libvirt python bindings

Hi to all.
I was reading a recent post titled "ESX with Python binding", and tried to test the code posted by Matthias Bolte.
I was wondering if ESXi should be considered different from ESX, because as soon as i tried to connect to esxi host I've got a traceback. The exception is raised from libvirt.py line 25 and is:
libvirt.libvirtError: virConnectOpenAuth() failed

Any tips to go on?
My purpose is to write a simple python/django web app to "manage" esxi virtual machine.

Tia,
Federico Fortini