Re: [libvirt] Fedora MinGW - need for *.def files

>  So this:
>
>  `-export-symbols SYMFILE'
>        Tells the linker to export only the symbols listed in SYMFILE.
>        The symbol file should end in `.sym' and must contain the name of
>        one symbol per line.  This option has no effect on some platforms.
>        By default all symbols are exported.
>
>  does not work for MinGW?

That';s what we use on Linux, but the script we provide is an ELF symbol
version script, and since MinGW does not use ELF I doubt its going to
work directly

Yeah, i was asking Rich why generating a .def file rather than going through libtool's abstraction.

Paolo